HALES & HECKINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Hales & Heckingham Parish Council is looking to recruit a Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer to work from home for 4 – 6 hours a week. Applicants should be a skilled communicator, have good IT skills and have access to broadband. Equipment will be provided. Additional hours may be authorised by council as and when necessary.
- Preparation of agendas and supporting documents for Parish Council meetings and the Annual Parish Meeting
- Attendance at all Parish Council meetings – minimum of eight per year plus the Annual Parish meeting.
- Carrying out actions as instructed by the Parish Council
- Monitoring/implementing actions/decisions of the Parish Council
- Ensuring Planning Applications are dealt with and comments submitted to South Norfolk District Council /Norfolk County Council by return deadlines
- Updating the Parish Council website
- Dealing with all financial matters in accordance with current guidelines including the production of financial statements for each meeting, the annual accounts and budget preparation
- Submitting VAT returns
- Updating records of Parish Assets
- Dealing with Parish insurance policies
- Dealing with correspondence sent to the Parish Council
- Regular review of regulatory documents and risk assessments
- Advising councillors on matters of legislation and practice inc Data Protection and GDPR
- Attendance at training events
Salary to be agreed depending on qualifications and experience, within national guidelines.
Please send letter of application and CV to email@example.com