These links are for your convenience.
They are not endorsed by Hales and Heckingham Parish Council.
If a link does not work, or you have concerns about where it takes you, please contact the web admin
- Check the National Flood Forum or speak to a Floodline adviser to find out how to stay safe: T: 0345 988 1188 / 24-hour service.
- Plan ahead: See Government advice on how to prepare for flooding. Open link: http://bit.ly/FloodP
- The British Red Cross offer practical advice on how to prepare for a flood. See: www.redcross.org.uk/get-help/prepare-for-emergencies/how-to-prepare-for-floods-and-flooding
- Public Health England – advice and help to manage the mental health impacts of flooding. See: www.gov.uk/government/publications/flooding-health-advice-mental-health-following-floods
- Association of British Insurers – helpful advice around property insurance. See: www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/topics-and-issues/flooding/recovering-from-a-flood/
- You can also report a flood or possible cause of flooding.
- If you need to travel, Check flood warnings.
- Add a weather app such as the Met Office app to your phone.
- Pumping water out of a property: You may need a permit to pump water out of a property. If you want to pump the water into:
>> Rivers, ditches or watercourses, check with your local Environment Agency office
>> Public sewers, check with your water company
>> Street drains, highways of highway ditches, check with the Norfolk Highways Authority.
You can also ask your local fire brigade for help pumping out water. They may charge a fee and can help you get a permit.
You Are Not Alone Confidential support from doctors or counsellors for those suffering from depression or those concerned about others
Walking in Norfolk Free walks to download and print
As a resident of Hales & Heckingham, you may also be interested in becoming a member of the “Hales and Heckingham Things” Facebook Group (It is a residents only group offering comments, news and responding to queries. In essence, all things Hales and Heckingham.)